Restoration of the Grand Hotel Molino Stuky – Venice

In the Giudecca island, the closest to Venice, in 1882 stands the “Molino Stucky” factory, strange protagonist of the Venetian landscape as it is out of scale compared to the building fabric of the island. This monument was imposed as a reference point for the nascent industrial architecture. After the Second World War the Stucky was abandoned. The conservative rehabilitation intervention of the entire complex includes: urbanization works of an area of ​​about 15,000 square meters, a 320-room hotel and a congress center and a residential complex of 100 residential units. A new sewage system has been purification tank and a hermetic vacuum gas condensation line with a vacuum pumping station, a new water, fire, electric and gas distribution system.
A bridge was also built, in metallic carpentry of 16 meters in length, for the connection between the Giudecca island and the Venice lagoon. The foundations were placed on poles, made in water at a depth of 20 meters. and with the total barrier of the river with the aid of palaculate
of 8 meters of height.
– 12,000 ML of micropiles
– 6.500 MC of excavation within the formwork
– 1,500 MC of concrete
– 1,500 ML of urbanization
– 15,000 square meters of 15 cm thick apricena stone cladding.
– 2,700 ML of sheet piling for a height of 8 ml
– 20,000 square meters of wooden floors with fireproof treatment and with lightened reinforced concrete slabs
– Technical construction site management with n. 12 technical engineers –
– average workforce employed about 195 workers assigned to the various tasks